The RSDAA held it’s inaugural meeting on Sunday 13th March in Brisbane. A founding group of drivers came together to formalise the association, discuss our goals and objectives, and determine a strategy for moving forward.
The main outcomes of the meeting are as follows:
- The association will become an incorporated association.
- The committee was elected as follows:
- Dan Manchester (President)
- Les Johnson (Secretary)
- Troy Lake (Treasurer)
- Adam Sherman
- David Dunstan
- Bob Mason
- Formal rules of the association were proposed and agreed
- Objectives of the association were proposed and agreed as follows:
- Protecting Drivers’ Rights
- Building Driver Unity
- Promoting Fair Legislation and Regulation
- Promoting Safety
- Improving Service
- Membership fees were agreed at $5 per month, paid quarterly.